Prepare your students for the new Cambridge IGCSE® Art and Design syllabus with the only title available on the market. The book gives detailed information on the key disciplines of Art and Design and builds confidence in practical skills and creative expression. Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education. First teaching: 2018 First examination: 2020
- The only book on the market with full coverage of the Cambridge International IGCSE® Art and Design Syllabus 0400 and Cambridge O level syllabus for Art and Design for the first examination from June 2020.
- Promotes understanding of the key stages of the creative process from the development of a project from the beginning to the final outcome, and gives detailed information on all the key disciplines: Painting and related media, Printmaking, Three-dimensional studies, Photography, Graphic communication, and Textile design
- Developed by an experienced team of teachers and practitioners
- Activities throughout improve students’ practical skills
- Materials, references, and examples are taken from a wide range of contexts making this a truly international sourcebook.
- Complete language support with key terms highlighted and definitions provided
- Tips throughout to help students improve their work, highlighting useful skills and areas to consider or observe
- Reflective log boxes after each topic for students to consider which objectives they have mastered and how they can take their learning further
- Knowledge checkboxes throughout promote reflective practice in students
- Artist with Impact sections introduce students to an expert in the field in all key disciplines
- Student case studies show a wealth of examples taken from different students’ coursework around the globe so that students can learn from real-life examples
- Suggestions for additional research to take students’ learning further
- Glossaries of key terms