Discovering Mathematics (2nd Edition) is a series designed for the students in secondary schools and approved by the Ministry of Education, Singapore, for the latest secondary Mathematics syllabus. The series prepares students for the Singapore Cambridge O-Level examinations and guides students to understand and internalize mathematical concepts and apply them in real life.
Each workbook is written as a supplement to the textbook to give students more practice in applying the concepts learned. Students may refer to the summary of the important concepts in each chapter of the textbook for a quick review before attempting the questions in the workbook. After completing the exercises, students will not only polish their own analytical skills but also develop a stronger foundation in Mathematics.
- Questions: The questions in each chapter are categorized into Level 1, 2, and 3 according to the level of difficulty and thinking skills involved. These questions encourage students to think analytically, reason logically, use appropriate connections between mathematical ideas and apply problem-solving skills in daily life situations.
- Level 1: Simple questions involving direct application of the concepts
- Level 2: More challenging questions on direct applications
- Level 3: Questions that involve real-life applications, thinking skills, or presentation of open-ended answers
- Integrated Practices: Test the students’ ability to apply concepts and techniques from various topics
- Specimen papers: Better prepare students for the examinations