Targeting Mathematics is a series of textbooks and workbooks written based on the latest Primary Mathematics Syllabus by the Ministry of Education, Singapore. This series supports the Concrete-Pictorial-Abstract approach and learning experiences in the teaching of mathematics- making math fun and relevant for children. Through their learning experiences, pupils can understand mathematical concepts effectively, acquire the skills for everyday use, build confidence and foster interest in Mathematics.
- Let’s Talk About: Get pupils ready for the mathematical concepts that will be taught. Teachers will facilitate the discussion and get pupils to talk about the picture or video of it.
- See and Learn: Introduce concepts in a visual manner to which students can relate. Pictorial representations provide pupils with a real-world connection from which they can further develop and understand the concepts on an abstract level.
- Let’s Recall: Get pupils to revise what they have learned before
- Maths in Real Life: Allow pupils to see the relevance of mathematics in real-life situations.
- Do and Learn: Enable pupils to check their understanding of Mathematical concepts through doing exercises.
- Hands-on Activity: Encourage pupils to use manipulatives in activities to promote understanding of mathematical concepts.
- Self-Check: Help pupils reflect and self-assess their learning.
- Pair and Share: Provide opportunities for pupils to work in pairs to assess their learning.
- Show and Share: Allow pupils to communicate and share what they have learned with their classmates.
- Let’s Think Along: Encourage pupils to think and reason along as they attempt the activities or exercises.
- IT Activity: Enable pupils to show what they have learned or done using another platform.